What is Overseas Student Health Cover ?


Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) can help ensure you’ll be covered for the cost of medical treatments if you get sick or have an accident.

The Australian Government requires you to have OSHC for the duration of your study period in Australia.

BUPA offers fast, friendly and helpful advice on your healthcare needs so you can focus on your studies.

To be eligible for OSHC you must hold a student visa, be applying for a student visa or be on a bridging visa while applying to extend your student visa.

If you are a Norwegian, Swedish or Belgian student you may not need OSHC.

Visit https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Stud/More/Health-Insurance-for-Students to find out more.

*OSHC does not provide cover for extended family members, such as your mother, father, brother or aunt.